for Centralized Laboratories
Develop in Quebec for Quebec specific needs
Swab Samples tracked by ATEK
*Last updated: July 7th 2020
Minize Sample Lost
through tracing people that handled the sample
by a Geolocation System
by preventing nonconformities
Ensure Sample Quality
Alert system for exceeding dealines
before sample processing
Temperature Monitor System
Optimize Overall Efficiency
Decrease the number and severity of non-conformities
by integrating systems automating processes on the same platform
70% Laboratory Errors
are at the level of the pre-analytical phase.
This phase includes the steps of collecting, transporting and stabilizing the samples.
In 2020, the Montreal-CHUM cluster deployed the traceability module of the ATEK platform across the entire cluster.
Traceability Module allows to trace :
2 000 000 samples annually
11 laboratories inside its cluster
400 external sites externes (private laboratories, sampling centers, CLSC, etc.)
1000 daily users
70% medical decisions
are based on laboratory diagnostic tests.
Automate your Regulatory Compliance
Bureau de normalisation du Québec
ATEK platform automates the records required for BNQ audits.
For the following sections of the standard
4.9 Identification and control of nonconformities
4.13 Control of records
5.2 Accommodation and environmental conditions
5.4 Pre-examination processes
300 000 patients may be affected by a problem with their sample due to transport in Quebec.
Step 1 : Prepare a shipment
1. Following a dispatch request, the technician opens the "Prepare a shipment" interface in which he selects, from a drop-down menu, the reception site and the transport company.
2. Then he scans the cooler and the samples it will contain.
3. Finally, a validation interface makes it possible to review the shipment before confirmation.
4. The technician will then seal the cooler and place it on the shipping shelf
5. On the dashboard, the technician visualizes his team shipments and the ones in transition to his site.
Step 2 :
Pick up by carrier
1. When the carrier picks up the parcels, he can scan them himself. If the parcels are fitted with RFID tags or temperature transmitters (see the options in the appendix), everything will be done automatically.
2. An alert will be issued in the event that the time (configurable according to the routes) between preparation and collection by the carrier will be exceeded.
Step 3 : Shipment Reception
1. When the transporter arrives with the parcels, he can scan them himself when he drops them off. If the parcels are fitted with RFID tags or temperature transmitters (see options in the appendix), everything will be done automatically.
2. An alert will be issued if the time (configurable according to the routes) between collection and reception is exceeded.
Step 4 :
1. The technician must scan the package and if required, he can validate the samples in the shipping parameters of the platform.
2. If a nonconformity is identified, the technician can insert the information in the form.
3. This last step ends the mission and the traceability history will be kept for a predetermined period according to the established parameters.
TRACK YOUR SAMPLES
ENSURE SAMPLE QUALITY
PROTECT YOUR STAFF
ATEK Traceability module ensures uniformity of processes and systematic and automatic monitoring of clinical samples during transport.
No software to installRegistration with your p code or email
Potential Duplicated Management
Based on the origin of the sample, its current location and its life cycle.
Alert System for Exceeding Deadlines
Be warned as a precaution that a sample could be late and rejected if it is not stabilized in time by the management of transport delays.
Prioritization of packages to be taken care of
During the reception process, the user is notified of priority shipment
Automated Temperature Monitoring
The recorder placed inside the container automatically transmits the temperature history during transport.
Geolocation of Shipments
Shipments with a transmitter allow you to:
- Automate the shipping and receiving process
- Automatically identify the carrier
- Manage cooler inventory by location
- Track shipment progress
Self Management of User Profiles